link.

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Auxerre striker Paul-Georges Ntep hints at Arsenal switch


The 21-year-old has impressed for both France's under-20 and under-21s sides this year and has established himself as a regular with the Ligue 2 outfit where his senior career began.
Manchester United and Chelsea have also been linked with a swoop for the highly-rated youngster, but Ntep nodded towards Arsenal's history with young French players, although he says it would have to be the right move for his career development.
"Arsenal is a club that trusts young players. But it would all depend on the project," he told L'Equipe.
"If it is going to a new club to remain on the bench, what is the improvement? I don't ask to be in the starting 11 of a big club immediately, but I could help in the not too long-term.
"If I have reached such a level now, it is because Auxerre offered me stability that allowed me to reach new levels.
"I don't forget. Nowadays you can be a much-demanded player and tomorrow the player everyone will laugh about."
When asked if a January exit could be on the cards, Ntep admitted: "I am thinking about it currently. Such a decision will depend on the project, time in first team and the style of the team.

No comments: