link.

Thursday 19 December 2013

Jay Z Tackles Barneys, Kendrick Lamar & Pusha T W/ 'Devil' Record.


Rap mogul Jay Z has hooked up with Maybach Music Group head Rick Ross to unleash some fury onto their new "The Devil is a Lie" joint record.

"Oh we can't be a n*gga if a n*gga rich? /Oh we gotta be the devil that's some n*gga sh*t /See what I did to the stop and frisk /Brooklyn on the Barney's like we own the b*tch /Give the money to the hood now we all win /Got that Barney's floor lookin like a VIM /Black hoodie, black skully /Bravado like Mavado, boy I'm that gully /Gettin white money but I'm still black /All these n*ggas claiming king but I'm still that /King Hova, Mansa Musa /Told my lot, the devil is a lie, I'm the truth ya" ("The Devil is a Lie")

"A generalized response to anyone naming themselves "King", eg: Pusha T & Kendrick Lamar, Hov reminds them who the O.G was. He compares himself to King Mansa Musa of Mali who was named richest man of all time. After all, he's got the facts to back up the claim, who else sold 1 million records before their album even drops? (Rap Genius)

No comments: